Re: induced emf again

OK, I should have said that, as far as the induced emf is
concerned, the charge density gradient is not essential. It
occurs at every corner, not only at the ends of the sliding
rod. This brings me to the initial concern. One derivation
of the emf formula makes us think that the separation of
static charges occurring at the ends of the rod is essential
while another makes us think that it is not essential.

The second derivation ignores static charges, the first
treats a rod as if it were a battery in which charges are
separated. That is why I asked if somebody knows of
an experimental verification of the emf=B*v*L formula
for an isolated rod crossing magnetic field lines.
Ludwik Kowalski