Re: Question about light and heat

On Wed, 01 May 2002 13:03:22 -0500 Tina Fanetti
<FanettT@QUEST.WITCC.CC.IA.US> writes:
Then what is it? I am talking about heat in one of my classes now...

Tina

Tina Fanetti >Physics Instructor >Western Iowa Technical Community
College
4647 Stone Ave >Sioux City IA 51102 >712-274-8733 ext 1429

Tina
Since you are now employed as a "physics instructor" in a Technical
Community
college, wse must assume that you are a college graduate with a BA or
BS and possibly
an MA or MS college degree that includes a major or a minor concentration
in Physics.

It is well known that almost all colleges and universities today are
subject to
"grade inflation" whereby most students are given grades of A or B and
students
with only marginal understanding of a subect are given a grade of C.
Grades of
D and F have mostly, but not entirely, disappeared .

In addition to the help that I and others on this list serve have given
you, it would be
very helpful if you were to repeat an undergraduate course such as
Physics 101
in a nearby college or universary. I'm sure that most of the physics
college
professors would be VERY HAPPY to have you audit their course on an
informal
basis without any cost to you .

With your present background, need to learn, and willingness to ask
probing
questions you would not only learn a great deal but you would be an great
asset
to the professor and the rest of his physics class.

Herb Gottlieb from New York City
(Where most of our physics professors would be happy to welcome you
in their classz)