Re: Homework (Was Measure of student understanding)

At 21:42 -0500 4/30/02, Jack Uretsky wrote:

But Hugh's answer avoids the question asked by both Rich and myself. What
is the predictive value of the conceptual tests?

The reason I avoided the question is that I have no idea what the
answer is. Those who use some of the PER-produced teaching schemes
and measure the results using the tests, claim that the gains shown
by those tests are more persistent than those made on students taught
using the traditional methods--at least for a year or so. I have no
idea if this effect persists any longer than that, or what relevance
that has to your questions.

Hugh
--

Hugh Haskell