Writing Tests, Lectures and Dealing with Students

The current suggestion on the list is that I look for another position. And I am. This time I will be a mite more selective.

But, a friend ( another teacher) and I were discussing this. How do I know if I am the one causing the problem? Am I being too hard on the students? Am I asking too much; expecting too much?

If this is the case, these problems will follow me from job to job.

I ask questions to try and make things better and to learn from my mistakes. There are only 2 weeks left this semester, but what if I get a similar class next semester?

Now at least I have some suggestions.

It has been suggested to me that it is not my teaching style or abilities that upset the students, it is my personality.

The students think I am uncaring and mean. My class of favorites is always telling me to relax especially when I try to enforce rules or keep order.

What if it is me?

Tina (who thinks it is time to go back to just straight research and screw teaching)

Tina Fanetti
Physics Instructor
Western Iowa Technical Community College
4647 Stone Ave
Sioux City IA 51102
712-274-8733 ext 1429