From: "Kossom" <MKossover@NEWMANSCHOOL.ORG>
To: <PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2002 11:04 AM
Subject: Re: Test Writing
. . .
A better question that gets at the difference between real and virtual
images (a topic that I avoid since I don't believe in virtual images, see
below) might ask, "Explain the difference in these two situations. (a) A
slide projector creates an image on the wall that everyone can see. Each
person is asked to draw a picture of the image. Everyone's picture looks
nearly the same. (b) A person looks through a magnifying glass at a stamp.
Another person looks over the shoulder of the first person. Each person
draws a picture of what they see. The two pictures are not the same."

----

Instead of talking about virtual/real images, I only discuss the images
made
on the retina. They are always real. We look at how lenses change the
angles
of the incoming rays on the lens.

Marc "Zeke" Kossover