Student Attitudes toward physics lab

We are doing a short survey of students this week seeking their input to
attempt to understand their attitudes toward physics labs. Our labs are
decoupled from the physics course and are currently a prerequisite to
the lecture course. Almost all of our students are engineering.

Have any of you done something similar and if so what were the results?
What style of labs do you operate?

Is it unrealistic to hope to find some combination for physics labs that
students have positive attitudes toward and still develop skills and
learn. Do any of you really have that happen?

--
Jerry Hester
Jhester@mtu.edu