Re: Test writing

At 06:36 PM 4/26/02, you wrote:
~~ Maria Montessori ~~

Her methods work best with children between the ages
of three to six when such children are most responsive.
As far as I know, no one in the world has been able to achieve
similar results with older students such as those that
are now failing in our community colleges.....
Herb Gottlieb

Allow me to remind Herb what I know from personal experience,
and which he almost certainly knows too, but for love of hearing
one's own voice one forgets and so will not implement:

Given a moderate tract of novel information from you, one asks a
student to teach it back to you and the remaining students, and
encourages critique, and expects the fullest participation from the
assembled body, as each succeeding tract is successively presented.

You can be quite certain the student speaker's level of recall will
comfortably exceed any presentation you might dramatize,
though you pop balloons, swallow liquid nitrogen and
dazzle with witty repartee.

Brian Whatcott
Altus OK Eureka!