Re: Test writing

TIINA AND OTHER FRUSTRATED TEACHERS LIKE HER

Welcome to the club of teachers who have satisfactory teaching
ability, fair to good understanding of the subject matter,
and an apparent inability transfer their knowledge to their
students.

You probably have heard of Maria Montessori, a gifted Italian
teacher who developed special teaching methods that were
extremely successful with difficult children in the slums of Rome.
Although she died in 1952 her methods are still being used
in the "Montessori" schools throughout the world.

Her methods work best with children between the ages
of three to six when such children are most responsive.
As far as I know, no one in the world has been able to achieve
similar results with older students such as those that
are now failing in our community colleges.

Please do not be discouraged, Tina. If you are able to develop
your own teaching methods that will ensure learning by
such students in our community colleges, your name will be
revered beside that of Maria Montessori.

Herb Gottlieb from New York City
(Where Montessori methods are still being practiced
at our two Montessori schools in Manhattan)
On Fri, 26 Apr 2002 14:29:42 -0500 Tina Fanetti