Re: Salary Quest: Re: Postition Available: Director of InstructionalLaboratories

I retired from a similar position ~ 3 years ago w/ ~ $50k ending salary +
excellent benefits and after only ~ 13 years an ~ $15 k annuity + SS.
AND more than one of my supervisors said I was underpaid.

A suitable salary range would be $40=> $60k, with a big jump after one
year (unless a high initial salary).

The replacement advert. expected a "walks on water person" with a low
start, and succeeded, in no applicant. They eventually hired an PT
adjunct Prof. to become FT, the difference to manage the UD labs. Also
at, I believe, at the top of the present range (~ $60k).

bc

P.s. Luck will be a recession.

Tina Fanetti wrote:

Out of morose curiosity, why are you wishing him luck with this salar=
y range???
I don't know though...I poor..

Tina Fanetti
Physics Instructor
Western Iowa Technical Community College
4647 Stone Ave
Sioux City IA 51102
712-274-8733 ext 1429

Bernard Cleyet <anngeorg@PACBELL.NET> 04/23/02 01:31PM >>>
SALARY RANGE: $30,000 - $35,000, plus benefits.

Good luck!