Re: Salary Quest: Re: Postition Available: Director of Instructional Laboratories

From: Tina Fanetti <FanettT@QUEST.WITCC.CC.IA.US>

Out of morose curiosity, why are you wishing him luck with this salar=
y range???
I don't know though...I poor..

Hi.
I certainly cannot speak for anyone but myself, but I find it somewhat offensive that non-PhD people are usually kept in a "lab manager" role at the universities. Such positions are usually only equivalent to hired grad students. People in such positions aren't usually allowed to teach any substantial courses. A person with an MS degree could make up to 33% more teaching at a community college and gain valuable classroom experience.

Ahhh...if only the universities would realize how much true teaching talent goes untapped because of such positions. They simply refuse to see this though.

Cheers,
Joe Heafner - Instructional Astronomy and Physics
CVAC Home Page <http://users.vnet.net/heafnerj/cvac.html>
My Book <http://www.willbell.com/new/fundephcomp.htm>
My Home Page <http://users.vnet.net/heafnerj/>