Re: Current Flow (shouldn't it be "charge flow?")

The above paragraph might cause the reader to think that the
filament of the light bulb is the source of the charged
particles. This was my intention. The filament IS the
source! (Well, the filament AND the conductors AND the
battery plates AND electrolyte supplies the movable charged
particles.) In my experience, most people end up thinking
that the battery supplies the electrons which flow through
the circuit. Not only is this a wrong idea, it acts as a
misconception which blocks further learning.

So the battery (or any voltage source) just makes
electrons move. Since electrons have charge this moving
charge is called current.

Tim O'Donnell - Celina High School