Re: Proof for atoms?

On the question of atomic theory, you might be interested in the book
"Les Atomes" by Jean Perrin, first published in 1913 and translated into
English (as simply "Atoms") by D. L. Hammick shortly thereafter. The
most recent English reprinting was in 1990. It covers several of the key
arguments and evidence for the existence of atoms, and is written with
the 19th century counter-arguments in mind. Unfortunately I can't find
my copy of it, so I can't provide any more detail right now.