Re: I request teaching guide

On Wed, 17 Apr 2002 09:35:14 -0300 Roberto Carabajal
<rcarabaj@YPF.COM.AR> writes:

I teach physic in electronics engineering, and I have to accomplish
an educational report stating advantages and disadvantages of the
" virtual physics laboratory", from a psychological and pedagogic
point of view . That is to say, which are the distortions in reality
appraisal, that a student could suffer using simulation software.

The chief advantages of a virtual experience is that it is less
expensive than a real physics lab, requires less time to prepare,
and requires less equipment maintenance and space for storage.

To determine he extent that a sudent may suffer from using simulation
software would require several years of unbiased, carefully controlled
experiments, in several types of institutions, using hundreds
of teachers, and thousands of students.

If the purpose of your required "educational report" is to satisfy a
course requirement, I would suggest that you cite a few examples
from the literature that report exceptional success results when
using virtual labs. It would also be helpful to cite a few cases
where virtual labs have been very disappointing when tried .
These will be much harder to find because all educational
innovations are "doomed to success" when they are first tried.

Herb Gottlieb from New York City
(Where our files are filled with initial reports of success for
every educational innovation that has ever been tried)

I suppose there must be aspects that a teacher needs to be aware of.

I would thank you much give me a guide in this topic, with opinions,
=
or
indicating where to search, or whom to write.

My best regards.

Roberto Carabajal
Electronics Department
Universidad Tecnol=F3gica Nacional