Re: US Patent for Free Energy?

First claim - COP=5 is the same as an efficiency of 500%. WRONG!

COP is the ratio between the energy put out and the physical work in, not
the energy in. Refrigerators operate at a COP > 1, they also take thermal
energy from the inside of the refrigerator. That does not make them >100%
efficient.

When someone makes such an obvious mistake in their first claim, it makes
me suspicious of the rest of the claim.

Now, if they are indeed absorbing energy from the environment, that would
be very interesting - but it still doesn't make it 500% efficient - unless
you redefine efficiency.

On Thu, 4 Apr 2002 08:55:17 -0500, Allen Shotwell <rshotwel@IVY.TEC.IN.US>