Re: Query on Neutrinoless Double Beta decay.

In a message dated 3/30/02 5:48:22 AM Eastern Standard Time,
exit60@cablespeed.com writes:

<< There is a crude diagram of the nn--->pp diagram at very top of the WIPP
site at <http://www.wipp.carlsbad.nm.us/science/DBDecay/DBDecay.htm>. I
like this diagram because it makes clear that this decay mode will only
be observed if neutrinos are indeed Majorana particles, identical to
their antiparticles, and not Dirac particles as implied by the
"original" Standard Model.

Best wishes, >>
Larry thanks for the links. A group in Russia, I believe, are claiming that
neutrinoless double beta decay has been observed. However I think the general
consensus is, so far, that their data doesn't support their claim. For what's
it worth it's my opinion that this decay which violates lepton number is not
possible. However nature may not care about my opinion.

Bob Zannelli