Re: The relaxation method

Having nothing better to do than several stack of papers to grade
and looking for a way to avoid that, I dusted off the old
relaxation method spreadsheet, used it to calculate the potentials
for Ludwik's conducting sheet problem, and got results that can be
seen at

<http://www.csupomona.edu/~ajm/special/condsheet2d.gif>

and

<http://www.csupomona.edu/~ajm/special/condsheet3d.gif>

I simulated 1/4 of the sheet using the same dimensions (14 units
in the direction of the dipole by 10 units) and the same pole
diameter (1 unit) that I used with my image charge solution. In
both cases I used 20 equally spaced equipotentials between the
midplane and the positive pole. The results match in detail to the
resolution I can discern.

Just a reminder that the image charge solution can be seen at

<http://www.csupomona.edu/~ajm/special/condsheet2.gif>