The relaxation method

JohnD reminded us that the distribution of potential on a
flat sheet can be predicted by the so-called "relaxation"
method. Suppose the area is a grid of 1000 by 1000
square cells and that constant potentials 0 and 100 volts
are assigned to two cells. Find potentials in all other cells.
We discussed this last year.

I do not know how to deal with marginal cells. An
interior cell always has four neighbors but a marginal
cell has only three neighbors. How to deal with marginal
cells when it comes to averaging? The only boundary
condition I want to impose is 0 and 100 volts on two cells
representing the electrodes. Margins must adjust to the
existence of the imposed DOP. I want to predict what
happens at the margins. Is this possible?
Ludwik Kowalski