Re: Entropy and states of matter

"RAUBER, JOEL" wrote:
Couldn't one argue that the surface energy *is* extensive as it does scale
the same as the size of the two dimensional manifold on which it resides?
Double the surface area, you double the surface energy.

I suppose this is quibbling over the definition of "extensive" ...

Exactly. Joel has a valid concept. We just need to
straighten out the nomenclature.

Usually when people say "extensive" it is assumed to
mean regular D=3 extensive. If you want to talk about
something that is D=2 flatland extensive, you need to
say so explicitly. That's all.