Re: Argument of wavefunction

On 27 Feb 2002, at 17:26, Bob Sciamanda wrote:

Sarma,
If you do it carefully, both function forms will show the same result. Be
aware that eg. at t=0 and x=0 sin(kx-wt) is going negative while
sin(wt-kx) is going positive.

That is true Bob. What I was trying to say is as far as students are
concerned they get the result directly with sin(wt-kx). This is all
because the sin function is odd If we use either the cos function or
exponential function we do not get this problem.

regards,

Sarma.
Bob Sciamanda (W3NLV)
Physics, Edinboro Univ of PA (em)