Re: I need help.

The observed discrepancy (between what is expected and
what is observed with my geometry) can now be seen at:

http://blake.montclair.edu/~kowalskil/elec/eqp1.html

The discrepancy may be due to the paper size effect, as
suspected by several contributors. But it can also be due
to electric lines bulging, as explained at the above URL.

I tried to convince myself that the paper size effect is
not a factor but I now agree that the argument presented
was not as strong as expected. I will try to approach
this issue by making different observations. Today is
good time to speculate. I wander what you think about
my "E line bulging" questions? They are asked under
the above URL. The basic question is:

"Why does the flux of E lines prefer a thin conductive
sheet (or why does it avoid the surrounding air)?"

I am referring to the geometry in which two small silver
dots are separated by 10 cm. To avoid complications
assume that the paper size is practically unlimited.
Ohm's law could be used to answer a similar question
about the flux of current density lines but it can not be
used to explain the behavior of E lines. What controls
the behavior of electric field lines in our 3D space? I am
not asking about the behavior of B lines "preferring to
travel" through ferromagnetic materials instead of air,
I am asking about the E lines.
Ludwik Kowalski