Re: 2-meterstick search

Frank Gaul <gaulf@ASTRO.WESTMORELAND.CC.PA.US> wrote:

Does anyone know of anyone in the world that makes a 2-meterstick?
__________________________

I have a number of two- and three- meter sticks in my lab.

They were all made by students who wanted to measure a distance L, 1m < L
< 2m.

A two-meter stick is made thus: line two sticks up on the floor, place a
third on top (overlapping the joint), and wrap masking tape around the
bundle in three or four strategic places....

I was irritated the first time I caught kids doing this (unauthorized use
of lab equipment!) but now I use the extended sticks myself, especially
for drawing huge ray diagrams on the whiteboard.

cheers
dhs

David Strasburger
Physics Teacher • Science Department Technology Coordinator
Noble & Greenough School
10 Campus Drive
Dedham, MA 02026