Re: I need help.

Here is a replication on Noah Gintis's URL
<http://www.nova.edu/~gintis/vlabs/overview/ef.html>

Brian W

At 03:54 PM 2/20/02, you wrote:
Roger Haar wrote:

> Trying to make exact comparisons between the most
> shapes on the paper and the real world is a problem.

I am trying to understand what happens on a sheet of
paper which does belong to "the real world." I am not
trying to model anything in 3dim with a 2dim model.

> The edge of the paper effect will mess up most patterns.

I convinced myself that, for the geometry chosen, the
paper is large enough to ignore the edge effect. See the
data on R which were posted yesterday under the
"calculating resistance" thread.

> We use two concentric circles on the paper that is the
> 2d analog to coaxial cables. The students easily find that ...

Can you ask a student to verify my experimental line?
What can be a better help than another experiment for the
same geometrical arrangement?
Ludwik Kowalski

Brian Whatcott
Altus OK Eureka!