Re: Old Astronomy Textbook

Some thoughts off the top of my head...

(1) This type of book is more interesting to people like us than it would be to the
general student population.

(2) I think intro. astronomy is better taught as a "state of what we know" course than
by unecessarily giving the historical development of our understanding. The "what
we know" is reinforced by "why we know it" not by "what did we believe before
modern tools became available."

(3) On the other hand, it could be used for a lecture on the scientific method and
how science advances.