Gain and conceptual tests

Hi
When you give students a pre/post test, What kind of gains are you looking for? I realize the higher the better...

I just made an initial inspection of the Force and Motion Conceptual Evaluation... my highest gain is 0.5. Something tells me that is not good.

Also, I am looking for more analysis of the FCME. All I have is the original paper from AJP in 1998. Is there anything else?

Thanks
Tina

Tina Fanetti
Physics Instructor
Western Iowa Technical Community College
4647 Stone Ave
Sioux City IA 51102
712-274-8733 ext 1429