Re: Circuits for Dummies

Tina,
Here is a link to Sams Technical Publishing.
http://www.samswebsite.com/prompt/title_list.html

I believe they are descended from Howard W. Sams & Co., Inc. who used
to print some very useful books. I have not searched this site for
some of the titles I have, because I have found it to be extremely
slow in responding.

You might be able to find in your school's library or in the public
library books by the following authors (published in the 60's through
80's) that might provide some of what you want:
Howard M. Berlin, Don Lancaster, Forrest M. Mims III.

Mims used to write articles for Popular Electronics and Radio Shack
published booklets by him with title's like Engineer's Mini-Notebook.
Don't be put off by the "Engineer's" in the title.

Lancaster wrote a series of "Cookbook"s on several topics.

Berlin wrote books on topics like "The 555 Timer Applications
Sourcebook with Experiments", "Design of OP-Amp Circuits, with
Experiments". His books are brief and to the point with excellent
experiments.

I encourage you to obtain a breadboarding socket (Radio Shack), get
some of these books, and have a ball wiring things up.

If you have access to a decent oscilloscope, voltmeter, ammeter,
multimeter, etc., you can do well.

Good Luck
Bob

On Thu, 14 Feb 2002 08:04:00 -0600 Tina Fanetti