Re: Pasco Labs - Science Workshop/DataStudio

While Ken is right about "students
letting us do their work for them",

Like lecturing -- I substitute taught Chem. a semister, and about the last
week one of my better students, almost proudly, announced that he never read
the text -- go everything from the lecture. I didn't have the guts to ask the
class about their study habits. It could certainly explain a lot.

bc

Mark Sylvester wrote:

The pasco manuals that I've seen are mind-numbingly detailed, like typical
software documentation. At the beginning of the course I have a session
with groups gathered round computers, just playing with the motion sensor
and getting a feel for how it works. After that instructions for a lab
might start with "Use the motion sensor in order to ..."

It pays to look into the details of using the software - something I'm bad
at - but if you know the right way to achieve common objectives and can go

cut