Re: Flat Earth

----- Original Message -----
From: "John S. Denker" <jsd@MONMOUTH.COM>
To: <PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2002 5:30 AM
Subject: Re: Flat Earth

No. Nooooooooo. No.
Look at the evidence. You can easily find any number
of 14th-century maps made in Europe that are utterly
devoid of any suggestion of non-flatness or periodic
boundary conditions or anything like that.
I would be very interested to see a 14th-century
globe, or a map attesting to a non-flat view of the
world. Can anybody find such a thing?

But Dante's Commedia, in 1300, was based on a spherical
Earth, and that made no surprise to anyone. Many folk
people loved the Commedia and learned it up to these
days.

Paolo Cavallo " I am a teacher at heart, and
there are moments in the classroom
when I can hardly hold the joy. "
P. J. Palmer, 1998
paolo.cavallo@iperbole.bologna.it