Re: Pasco Labs - Science Workshop/DataStudio

PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu writes:
Does anyone on this list use Science Workshop or Data Studio in their=
Intro Physics labs.

My students are having problems (namely they won't read and follow di=
rections) and I was wondering how other instructors use these labs.

I use the Science Workshop Interface but do not use the published labs as
I find them too "cookbook" and thus set my own labs. My students don't
always pay attention to me or my written instructions until they find they
cannot do it on their own. Then they will read the instutions which I
require before I will help them.

Students will let us do as much of their work for them as we will.

Ken Fox
Science Department Coordinator
IB Physics Teacher
Smoky Hill High School