Re: Supporting vs stifling curiosity

Maybe I'm wrong and my school is the exception, but don't most schools have
a 'Community Service' component to faculty evaluation. It might not be of
_major_ importance in determining rank and tenure, but it is not (or should
not be) of zero importance. Mentoring kids in local schools fits right into
that slot!

Rick

We have a "Service" component, which generally means, "have you
done any committee work?" It's worth maybe 10% of the total. The message
is fairly clear.

Mike Monce
Connecticut College