Re: Ohm's Law

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Sciamanda" <trebor@VELOCITY.NET>

Good point - I don't like it, but we do that with other definitions (eg.,
it is kosher to regard one or more of Newtons "laws" as definitions).

More importantly, if R= V/I is a statement that the resistance is
independent of voltage, where is the definition of resistance (R)?

How about R = rho(T)L/A?

where rho is the temperature dependent resistivity of a material.

Rick

Richard W. Tarara
Professor of Physics
Saint Mary's College
Notre Dame, IN 46556
rtarara@saintmarys.edu

FREE PHYSICS INSTRUCTIONAL SOFTWARE
PC and MAC software
NEW! SIMLAB2001--DYNAMIC CARTS now available.
CD-ROMs now available