From: Bob Sciamanda [mailto:trebor@VELOCITY.NET]
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2002 8:09 PM
To: PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu
Subject: Re: Circuit Question

Tina,
I know others have a different view, but I take "Ohm's law"
as simply a
definition of resistance - it defines a useful property of
matter in many
common DC circuit circumstances. I think this is the simplest way to
present it. The definition tells us how to measure the
resistance of a
"resistor". Then a problem can specify the EMFs and the relevant
resistances in a circuit, so that the student can calculate
currents and
potential differences. Don't weaken. Learn by teaching and asking.

Bob Sciamanda (W3NLV)
Physics, Edinboro Univ of PA (em)
trebor@velocity.net
www.velocity.net/~trebor