Electric Force and Shells

I never understood this problem...

Okay you have a point charge Q at the center in a spherical conducting shell. There is a point charge q outside the shell.

Does q experience a force? Does Q experience a force?

I want to say yes they experience the same force but then there is that shell. I don't know what to do with it...

Would the shell pickup the charge Q and then the force would between the shell and q? that doesn't make sense though.

Maybe they don't experience a force? But why wouldnt they?

COnfused
Tina

Tina Fanetti
Physics Instructor
Western Iowa Technical Community College
4647 Stone Ave
Sioux City IA 51102
712-274-8733 ext 1429