Electric Potential

Okay I am stuck on this one too.

If the electric field equals zero at a given point must the potential difference equal zero?

I know that even if the potential is zero there can still be a field, an example of this is a dipole.

But I would think that even if the E field is zero then there could be a potential difference because of the gradient.

I am not sure either way. an example would help but I cant think of one.

Thanks again
Tina

Tina Fanetti
Physics Instructor
Western Iowa Technical Community College
4647 Stone Ave
Sioux City IA 51102
712-274-8733 ext 1429