Re: energy in the tank

Much of the energy released drives the PV
work of moving the pistons.

OK. How's that?

As I have predicted on occasion, when we think of "energy" as a fluid
substance our conceptualization gets foggy. The energy of a system can
be increased or decreased by doing _work_ on the system, but it is not
"released" or "transferred". One can of course use this faulty shorthand
language in a pinch, but then one runs into the risk of faulty
understanding -- as has been amply demonstrated in this thread.

Jim Green
mailto:JMGreen@sisna.com
http://users.sisna.com/jmgreen