Flux through a hemisphere

Okay I am working on a test for my calc based physics.

If you have a uniform electric field and in this field you put a hemisphere, so that the field goes in the open part and then out through curved part what is the ratio of the flux between the open part and the curved part.

For those of you who have Peer Instruction it is question 12 on page 234.

I want to make sure I understand it before i give it to my students.

The total flux is zero because if i draw a gaussian surface, everything goes out. So that must mean that the flux coming into the open part is the same as what is going out of the curved part. So the ratio would be 1.
Right?

Thanks
tina