From: kowalskil <kowalskil@MAIL.MONTCLAIR.EDU>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 11:37:58 -0800
To: PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu
Subject: Re: Ten Learning Principles - Worthwhile or Not?

Did he say this to confuse?

Herbert H Gottlieb wrote:

I believe that it was Confucius who once said that
"All education experiments are doomed to success".

Herb Gottlieb from New York City
Where education research is always 100% successful

By the way, I think that the issue rased by Jack is worth
discussing. Yesterday Jack Uretsky wrote:

There is a glaring difference between the educational research
and the physics research that I have seen. The educational
exeriments seem to be generally designed and conducted for
the purpose of proving the correctness of an educational theory.
.... How many educational experimental papers have you seen
where the proponent of a new educational theory reported on
the unsuccess of the theory? ...

I would like to see comments on this from people conducting
educational experiments. Note that one can also ask: How
many experimental papers have you seen where the proponent
of a new physics theory reported on negative results? It is very
hard to be objective. It is better when theories are tested by those
who have are likely to be more objective than "proponents."
Ludwik Kowalski