Re: Can anyone verify this supposed Einstein quote?

At 8:07 -0500 1/31/02, Ken Caviness wrote:

I just received a message with this quote in the .sig, does anyone know
whether it is authentic or not?

The wireless telegraph is not
difficult to understand. The
ordinary telegraph is like a very
long cat. You pull the tail in New
York, and it meows in Los Angeles.
> The wireless is the same, only
> without the cat. ***Albert Einstein

I've heard it attributed to Einstein as well. It doesn't really sound
like Einstein. A bit too flippant. There is a book out called "The
Quotable Einstein." I don't have it, but if you check there you might
at least find out if it really is an Einstein quote. If the book is
as thorough as it should be, then the absence of it there might
indicate that it really isn't an Einstein quote.

Hugh
--

Hugh Haskell
<mailto://haskell@ncssm.edu>