-----Original Message-----
From: John Mallinckrodt [mailto:ajmallinckro@CSUPOMONA.EDU]
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2002 2:32 PM

At any rate, while I do value all constructive criticism of my
tentative answer, I would be even more interested in hearing
*positive* proposals from others. That is, what *would* you say
to my "sophisticated layperson" who asks, "Why shouldn't the Pauli
exclusion principle be viewed as a fundamental force?"