Re: A game strategy.

CB!

Naughty you -- you gave it away.

If I'm not in error, there are, at least, two algorithms for determining in
two trials (weighings).

An eleven pan balance would do it in one trial.

bc

P.s. I presume you are a poet?

Clarence Bennett wrote:

Riddle (classic):
You are given 12 coins which are superficially identical.
But only 11 are really identical; the 12th is slightly
heavier or lighter. You are also given an old-fashioned
two-pan balance,

When I first saw this many years ago, the word two was not included in the
description of the balance, so I built a triangular balance and solved it
in two weighings.

Clarence P. Bennett
bennett@oakland.edu
Oakland University Physics