Re: Whence Degeneracy Pressure?

I emphatically withdraw from this kind of discussion. A
definititon is a definition is a definiton, and its only purpose is to
make discussion possible. You don't like my definition, well, then, give
me yours and I'll answer your question using that one.
As I said, it is always possible to make an argument on any side
of any given question. I will add that the most unproductive arguments
are those about definitions -they rank slightly below arguments about
religion.
Someone suggested that we teach logic to our students. Great
idea, but let's start with the teachers.
Regards,
Jack