Re: Sum of Infinite Series

On Thu, 24 Jan 2002, Paul O. Johnson wrote:

I want to state in the exhibit's sign what the absolute
maximum extension is. This requires that I sum the infinite
series 1/2 + 1/4 + 1/6 + 1/8 + . . . I'm ashamed to admit that
I no longer carry this trivial math equation in my head (I
know I once did). Can anyone help me?

The series diverges. Thus, an arbitrary extension is
theoretically
possible. In practice, you'll be *very* lucky to get an extension
of two block lengths!