WARNING: cheap toy! Intelplay PC microscope down to $30

http://www.shop-intel.com/shop/

Fred M. sends word that the price of the $99 IntelPlay video microscope
has fallen (see below). I haven't played with one of these yet, but I
imagine they'd be very useful for all sorts of hobbyist and education
topics. I'm tempted to by two, so I can use one as a subversive gift to
infect little kids with the science bug.

Note that it needs a USB port.

Other pages:

http://peripherals.about.com/library/weekly/aa012200a.htm?once=true&;
http://www.microscopy-uk.org.uk/mag/artdec99/rbqx3.html
http://members.aol.com/%5Fht%5Fa/microfab/QX3.HTM

One of the guys at work showed me that the Intel site is unloading their
microscopes that connect to your computer. It will magnify up to 200x
and uses a USB port. $29.99 - I think these were ~$100.00 last month.

http://www.shop-intel.com/shop/

Comes with a free Sound Morpher (HW + SW) while supplies last - this
will do text to speech. Mine is coming. I pooled at the office to make
a larger order.

billb@eskimo.com http://amasci.com
Seattle, WA 206-789-0775 sciclub-list freenrg-L vortex-L webhead-L