Re: time squared & time cubed

1) I understand time squared and time cubed. I know what
that means.

2) I don't understand left/right or up/down in time. And
if that did mean anything, it probably wouldn't have
anything to do with time squared or time cubed.

Was there a reason for hypothesizing a connection between
idea (1) and idea (2)? I'm not seeing it.

My guess is that the original question dealt with dimensional analysis,
where units of T^3 or similar such are sometimes referred to as a physical
dimension. I think there is confusion on the part of the original question
between the use of the word "dimension" in dimensional analysis and the word
dimension as used in geometry, e.g. we live in 3dim world or if you are an
SR person, we live in a 4dim world, or if you area Kaluza-Klein person , we
live in an 11dim world, etc.

I think your response is dead-on T^3 is more like a power law rather than a
geometric statement of dimensionality where words like left, right, up,
down, may make sense; though if we are dealing with an 11 dimensional world,
I'm not totally sure what sense to make of those words.

Tim can correct me if my interpretation above is wrong.

Joel Rauber