Re: Radiation

"You" should have the Guide to the Nuclear Science Wall Chart" --(Contemporary
Physics Education Project)

In particular (radiations effect at low doses):
http://www.lbl.gov/abc/wallchart/chapters/appendix/appendixf.html

everything: http://www.cpepweb.org/

bc

Gordon Johnson wrote:

David,

I would have to guess that what accumulates with continued exposure to
radiation is the "risk" of damage.
My limited understanding is that for stochastic effects of radiation such as
carcinogenesis and mutagenesis, every increment of dose, no matter how
small, increases the risk of adverse effects. This is, in part, the
philosophy upon which some of our radiation safety standards are
established.

The Health Physics Society website maintains an "ask the expert" column for
question related to radiation safety and radiation protection. For more
reliable information, I would defer to the experts.

http://www.hps.org/publicinformation/asktheexpert.cfm