Re: First EM lab

From: Herbert H Gottlieb <herbgottlieb@JUNO.COM>

On Sun, 13 Jan 2002 14:45:18 -0500 Joe Heafner <heafnerj@VNET.NET>
writes:
They're not missing. Part of real life problem solving involves
making educated assumptions.

But what would you use for a probable "Educated Assumption" for the
charge
on a charged pen? 1 uuC?? ....1 uC ? ...10 uC? ... 100 uC? .... or ???

Okay, to be perfectly fair, by the time students are given this problem they have performed a series of experiments/activities/calculations with charged pieces of scotch tape. They will have already estimated the net charge on the pen.

Cheers,
Joe

Due to my excessive teaching load, I cannot reply to email during the business day.

CVAC Home Page <http://users.vnet.net/heafnerj/cvac.html>
My Book <http://www.willbell.com/new/fundephcomp.htm>
My Home Page <http://users.vnet.net/heafnerj/>
Please -- no Microsoft attachments. They're a security risk.