Superconductors (Was RE: Science fiction or a wrong model again.)

Take a look at some of the resources at the NHFML:

http://education.magnet.fsu.edu/materials/magnets/magnets.html
http://education.magnet.fsu.edu/faq/index.html

Superconducting magnets of NbTi typically produce magnetic fields up to
about 8T. Nb3Sn magnets can get you to about 12T. Higher field are obtained
using Bitter or Pulsed magnets. Very high fields are obtained using
explosive compression.

Superconductors are sometimes viewed in terms of a 2 fluid model, where the
percentage of superconducting electrons/normal electrons varies with
temperature between 0K and Tc, the superconducting transition temperature.

In answer to one your earlier questions, "Silsbee's rule" states that, for a
Type I superconductor, the critical current cannot exceed that which
produces a critical magnetic field at the superconductor.

See also:
http://www.superconductors.org/
http://www.superconductors.org/Links.htm
http://www.eren.doe.gov/superconductivity/

Larry Woolf; General Atomics; 3550 General Atomics Court, San Diego, CA
92121; Phone:858-455-4475; FAX:858-455-4268; http://www.sci-ed-ga.org