Re: increasing, decreasing...

From: Aaron Titus <titus@NCAT.EDU>

Hi Joe! I remember your talk at the NCSAAPT meeting in Durham (as I
recall). I wish you could have been at the Fall meeting in Morehead
City. I talked on the somewhat confusing language we sometimes use (like

Hi Aaron. Great to hear from you again. I seem to recall that I had another engagement the weekend of the Morehead City meeting.

negative). I also said that I thought that the M & I book was perhaps the
best attempt at tackling these issues. Man, I'd love to use that book someday.

What was the audience's reaction to mentioning M&I again? I sometimes get the feeling that not many people have actually seen it. This is my third year using it and each time through, I pick up things that I'd missed before. Their chapter on momentum is the one that drew my attention to the vector issues, and then I saw that the theme is subtly(?) carried throughout the entire text.

Incidentally, Ruth and Bruce came to NCSU twice last year and they're wonderful people in person. The second time, one of my student even drive down. That impressed them I think.

At the spring meeting, I'd like to do a workshop on VPython to illustrate how it's used. I could take the participants through the revised introductory tutorial that Ruth prepared, which illustrates many of the concepts needed throughout the course. I hope I get some time this semester to work on some program that I've had in the back of my mind for a year or so now.

Cheers,
Joe

CVAC Home Page <http://users.vnet.net/heafnerj/cvac.html>
My Book <http://www.willbell.com/new/fundephcomp.htm>
My Home Page <http://users.vnet.net/heafnerj/>
Please -- no Microsoft attachments. They're a security risk.