Re: Colors

Jim-

I also believe that your question cannot be answered since it deals with the
consciousness of each individual.

You may want to look at the following site for some comments and references
about this and related topics.
http://aardvark.ucsd.edu/~joncohen/color/colorsyllabus.html

The comment by Johnson is an example of complementary afterimages. It does
not answer the question you posed.

Color vision is quite complex, involving not only the red (long wavelength),
green (mid wavelength) and blue(short wavelength) cones, with complex
sensitivities, but also the combining of the signals from each of these
cones as described by the opponent theory of color vision.

For further details, you may want to look at some references and materials
that I've developed/collected:
http://www.sci-ed-ga.org/modules/materialscience/color/index.html
or some presentations that I've given:
http://www.sci-ed-ga.org/GASEFPresentations.htm

Regards-
Larry

Larry Woolf; General Atomics; 3550 General Atomics Court, San Diego, CA
92121; Phone:858-455-4475; FAX:858-455-4268; http://www.sci-ed-ga.org