Re: An eyes exam

Whatever the effect is, and John Clement's suggested explanation
makes sense to me, It doesn't work if your eyes are significantly
different. My left eye is 20-/40 but correctable to 20/20, my right
eye is off the charts and barely correctable to on the charts with
glasses. Essesntialy useless. Although I see more or less normally
with both eyes open, if I need to see something really clearly, I
have to close my right eye--in other words, my binocular vision is
not as good as my good eye. Along with this disparity in my eyes has
gone my depth perception, and so I have had to give up flying, alas.

Hugh