OT Government Fraud

NO, I don't mean fraud toward the government -- but fraud BY the government:

Didn't everyone understand that the $600 was "extra" money "given back" to
taxpayers -- for us to spend on whatever.

But do I now understand that it was a LOAN toward our 2001 tax rebate???

IE If I have overpaid my taxes in 2001 by say $1000, next April I do not
get the $1000 back!!! I only get $400.

Am I the only one who sees this as fraud? Didn't we all see the $600 as
an extra free "rebate" on higher than needed taxes during 2000
and previous years.

Do I now see correctly that it is only an "advanced payment" toward next
year's usual rebate for the usual over payment of taxes?

Were we not conned into spending this "extra" money earlier this year.
Instead we should have saved it for next April.

Do I understand correctly?

Am I the only one who is amply ticked?

Jim Green
mailto:JMGreen@sisna.com